This is Satoshi version butter mochi inspired by Akita Japan butter mochi and Hawaiian butter mochi.
4 blocks (200 grams 7 oz) mochi
1 egg yolk
4 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp potato starch
1 tbsp buter
1. Simmer mochi blocks until soft ( or microwave with water for 3 min )
2. Take them out and combine with egg yolk, sugar, potato starch. Mix well
3. Put butter in and combine very well
4. Wrap with plastic wrap and flatten. Let is sit as it is and cool it down
5. Cut into 4 pieces and Bake in oven 200 degrees C or 395 degrees F
Support us on Patreon https://www.patreon.com/tabieats
Check out our Merch!
Our favorite Japanese snacks and ingredients are here! Check out our Amazon Store.
Follow us on social media:
Instagram : http://instagram.com/smine27?ref=badge
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/Tabieats
Intro Music by Matthijs den Daas
Music courtesy of Audio Network